Re: [AMBER] PMF problem

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:45:21 -0500

2D umbrella sampling can be very difficult to do well. I suggest that
when you compare the surfaces, you must do so in the context of the
uncertainty in each surface as calculated by fully independent
simulations. You must also carefully analyze overlap in distributions
between windows- not only in RC1 and RC2, but in other measures as
well. For complex systems, PMF calculation requires very detailed
analysis before one can have any confidence in the PMFS.