Re: [AMBER] PMF problem

From: dhacademic <dhacademic.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:40:26 -0500

Thanks for the reply. Let me make it more clear.

I have one FE-surface and two FE-profiles:
(a) 2D-FES (umbrella sampling with both RC1 and RC2);
(b) quasi-1D-FE-profile (PMF calculation with varied RC1 and fixed RC2 (for
example, RC2=1). So the result is not integrated over the RC2. In reality,
it should be a thin slice of 2D-results);
(c) 1D-FES (umbrella sampling only with RC1).

Results from (b) and (c) are consistent. (b) and (a) are inconsistent, which
makes me confused. I can understand that 2D-FES may differ to "quasi-1D"
FE-profile because of the integral over RC2 dimension. But in present case,
my quasi-1D FE-profile is only one slice of 2D-FE-surface, which should not
change the location of minimum.

I will check the parameters as well as simulations again. But any other
suggestion is appreciated!

Best,
Hao