[AMBER] MM_PBSA questions

From: Marek Maly <marek.maly.ujep.cz>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 18:23:30 +0100

Dear all,

I have some elementary questions regarding setting of some parameters
in input file for mm_pbsa calculation.

In some older contribution in mailing list

  http://archive.ambermd.org/200911/0159.html

  was suggested to set

SURFTEN 0.0072
SURFOFF 0.00

for GB calculation ( .GB section ) and

SURFTEN 0.00542
SURFOFF 0.92

in case of PB calculation ( .PB section ) - having INP=1 (this values are
also recommended directly in the *.in file)

My questions are:

a)

Why in MM_PBSA tutorial:
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial3/section3.htm

in .PB section is set:

SURFTEN 0.0072
SURFOFF 0.00

if this should be reasonable setting just for GB calculation ?

b)
In example file
$AMBERHOME/src/mm_pbsa/Examples/03_MMPBSA_Binding/mm_pbsa.in there
is this setting:

RADIOPT 1
INP 2
#
SURFTEN 0.04356
SURFOFF -1.008

Was here some reason for it ? I would assume here (in example file)
probably more common/frequent setting:

RADIOPT 0
INP 1
SURFTEN 0.00542
SURFOFF 0.92

If one is calculating free energy of rec/lig binding dG using mm_pbsa.pl
and for calculation of solvent contributions
I used PB with setting:

RADIOPT 0
INP 1
SURFTEN 0.00542
SURFOFF 0.92

and for NN analyses I would like to use alternative IGB=1 ( .NM section
), is it OK to use

SURFTEN 0.0072 ? I think yes because this value is
recommended for GB calculation in .GB section so here probably should be
the same. I would like

just to ensure me... I would like also ensure my self that it is OK if I
use for calculation of free energy of binding combination of "dH"
particularly calculated with PB and "TdS" where GB was used ( GB=1 in .NM
section) instead distance-dependent dielectric.

Thanks in advance for any relevant comments !

    Best wishes,

         Marek