Re: [AMBER] PCA analysis for side chain atoms and backbone atoms

From: Jorgen Simonsen <jorgen589.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:52:42 +0100

Hi

Just to be quite sure - I think that I remove as much of the rotations
and translations by first aligning the atoms

center :1-100 mass origin

or for backbone .N,CA,C etc? I hope this is correctly understood.

For the side chains, sc, versus backbone.

For sc, I would like to see how much is captured by the first and
second principal component and how big a "space" is expanded by this
side chains. Later, I would like to do quasiharmonic analysis and see
entropy contribution between bb and sc.