Re: [AMBER] PCA analysis for side chain atoms and backbone atoms

From: Dwight McGee <dwight.mcgee.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 15:06:38 -0500

 Hi,

See comments below:

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 2:31 PM, Jorgen Simonsen <jorgen589.gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to make a PCA using ptraj module with ambertools - I am
> not quite sure how the syntax is though.
> for the backbone selection I use the following syntax
>
> .N,CA,C
>
> is there any easier way to select side chains?
>
> for an analysis of the side chains will the following syntax make any
> sense?
>
> strip .N,CA,C
> matrix mwcovar name cc.matrix out cc.matrix
> analyze matrix cc.matrix out new.matrix
>
> matrix mwcovar name cc.matrix out cc.matrix !.CA,C,N
analyze matrix cc.matrix out new.matrix

so that will do everybody except for atoms that correspond to CA, C and N
what you have above works as well.

> Thanks in advance,

T. Dwight McGee Jr.
Quantum Theory Project
University of Florida
Graduate Student
dwight.mcgee.gmail.com
"Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created
them."
                Albert Einstein