Re: [AMBER] Dihedral parameters for TFE with GAFF

From: Stephane Abel <Stephane.Abel.cea.fr>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 16:32:42 +0100

Jason Swails wrote:

Thank you Jason and Yildirim for your comments

> Hello,
>
> A couple of comments:
>
> 1. All gaff atom types are lower-case

Agree !! but this force parameter are constructs for simulations with
GROMACS where the AMBER is now supported.
> 2. Are you building an amber topology file? I'm not familiar with using an
> Amber package to set up a gromacs simulation.

No it is for GROMACS, Briefly i have constructed a pdb file for the TFE
molecule. I have added in my topology file the parameters for the TFE
with the assigned atome types taken from gaff. The charges for each TFE
atoms were taken from RED.DB server. Finally the bonded parameters taken
from gaff were converted into the GROMACS format.

> 3. If you are creating an amber topology file and converting it later, you
> should add missing parameters to an frcmod file rather than directly editing
> gaff.dat.
> 4. Not all parameters for all molecules will exist in gaff.dat.
Probably, but the trifluoroethanol is a (very) common molecule used in
biomolecular simulations. So it is strange for me that some parameters
for this molecule are missing in GAFF or others AMBER ff (AFAIK)

> You can use
> parmchk to see if any generic terms match the dihedral you're looking for
> (i.e. using X as wild-cards for the 1,4 groups).
> 5. If any are missing, you'll need to determine what those are (i.e. by
> comparing to quantum results) and put them in the frcmod file

Yes it is a possibility

Stephane