Re: [AMBER] Dihedral parameters for TFE with GAFF

From: Ilyas Yildirim <i-yildirim.northwestern.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 09:28:43 -0600 (CST)

If the torsional parameters are not defined, then you need to do QM
calculation around that torsion to extract/calculate the parameters. You
can check out the following paper for methodology.

"Re-parameterization of RNA CHI Torsion Parameters for the AMBER Force
Field and Comparison to NMR Spectra for Cytidine and Uridine," I.
Yildirim, H.A. Stern, S.D. Kennedy, J.D. Tubbs, and D.H. Turner, J. Chem.
Theory and Comput. 6, 1520-1531 (2010).

Basically, you will do a potential energy surface (PES) scan for
OH-C3-C3-F while keeping almost all the other torsions frozen. Depending
on the system you will use, you might need to use improper torsional
restraints on the system to keep the rings planar. My suggestion would be
to use a real system in the PES scan rather than a model system. Good
luck,

   Ilyas Yildirim, Ph.D.
   = Department of Chemistry - 2145 Sheridan Road =
   = Northwestern University - Evanston, IL 60208 =
   = Ryan Hall #4035 (Nano Building) - Ph.: (847)467-4986 =
   = http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~yildirim/ =