Re: [AMBER] image for lipid/water system

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 11:56:23 -0500

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 11:47 AM, dhacademic <dhacademic.gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Actually I specified "iwrap=1" in my input. However, the molecules
> (especially water) in the trajectory do not be wrapped into a primary box.
> It is strange. So I tried post-processing with ptraj.
>
> I have checked the prmtop file, in which one lipid molecule is a residue.
> Do
> you mean that I need to center/image each individual lipids in the
> following
> way, if the resid of lipid begins with n and there are m of them?

This is one way of doing it, but it's overkill in my opinion. You only need
to image if not every lipid is in the primary unit cell. However, if you
center and image around a single lipid molecule in the middle of your
bilayer, then chances are a large number of lipids around it will be
properly imaged into the correct unit cell. You do not then have to
individually center and image these. That's why I suggested visualizing
them after each time you centered and imaged.

For instance, suppose each lipid molecule is 1 residue, and residue 15 is in
the 'middle' of your bilayer, and your

center :15 mass origin
image origin center familiar

Then visualize your system. Now suppose that only a couple lipid molecules
are not properly imaged, let's say the first 2 and last 2 lipid residues in
each layer. Now you want to center around the lipids that are properly
imaged and image the rest.

center :4-33,38-67 mass origin
image origin center familiar

then visualize again, and see if everything's imaged properly.

I hope this helps clarify more.

Good luck!
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,