Re: [AMBER] Monte Carlo Steps in Constant pH simulation

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:52:23 +0100

Page 139 in the manual, usually a good source of information.

"You must also specify the period for Monte Carlo steps, ntcnstph (for
period n, a Monte Carlo step is performed every n steps). Note that only
one residue is examined on each step, so you should decrease the step
period as the number of titrating residues increases to maintain a con-
stant effective step period for each residue. We have seen good results
with fairly short periods, in the neighborhood of 100 fs effective
period for each residue (e.g. ntcnstph=5, dt=0.002 with about 10
residues titrating)."

--
                            Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
                              Associate Professor