Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py.MPI - Output discrepancies

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 12:02:57 -0700

Hello,

My comments are below.

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 11:03 AM, George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com> wrote:

> Hi Mish,
>
> My original assumption was that DELTA G binding is the sum over all
> residues. For easy reference DELTA G is given in the attached
> FINAL_RESULTS_MMPBSA.dat and the per residue decomposition in output2.dat

This is almost correct, but don't forget about the double-counting effect.
Residue 1 interacts with residue 2, so the non-bonded interaction between
the two residues will appear in both Residue 1 and Residue 2's decomposition
results, yet it will only be added once in the total energy. MMPBSA.py does
not calculate the total energy from selected sums of the decomposed
contributions, but rather takes the full values from the mdout file when it
parses it.

Hope this helps,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,