Re: [AMBER] Fw: configuring options for Amber tools

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 09:35:13 -0700

Hello,

This should probably be set as a new thread, since it's unrelated to the
messages that came before (it makes it easier to find this email in the
archives later).

You may be able to bring up the movie maker (Extensions -> Visualization ->
Movie Maker) and select "trajectory". Trajectory rock makes the structure
rock around as the trajectory plays. You may be able to press X, Y, or Z to
have it rotate around that axis (in the VMD window itself) and make a
trajectory movie to get exactly what you asked for, but I haven't tried to
do that yet.

The VMD folks on the VMD mailing list will be able to give you better
answers than users on the Amber mailing list, most likely.

All the best,
Jason

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Catein Catherine <askamber23.hotmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I am trying to store a trajectory of a MD simulation as a movie using VMD.
>
> Can I define the molecule to self-rotate during the trajectory is moving
> along the trajectory and save the overall view as a movie in VMD? If yes,
> how can I do this?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Catherine.

Quantum Theory Project,