[AMBER] conversion of gromacs trajectory file (xtc) to amber trajectory file (mdcrd) / problem in water molecules

From: leila karami <karami.leila1.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 12:58:03 +0330

Hi Oliver, Bill, Case and
Jason

very thanks for your time and
attention.

Dear
Case

>Are the coordinates of some water molecule in the amber trajectory file
different than those from gromacs?
How can I determine coordinates of some water molecule in the amber and
gromacs trajectory files?
>If you don't want those
bonds,

I need to water molecules perfectly and exactly as H-O-H. I want to do water
mediated hydrogen bond analysis.

Dear
Jason

>Are the lengthened O-H bonds present in your PDB that you use to create
your prmtop file?
No. in my PDB that I use to creat my prmtop file, O-H bonds and water
molecules are normal.

Dear
Bill

> What is the length of the OW-HW
bond?

length of the OW-HW bond relating to a special water molecule in a certain
time is 4.9 nm and 0.1 nm
in amber and gromacs, respectively.I calculated these distances by g_bond in
gromacs and ptraj (distance) in amber.

> and what do you
expect?

I want to know, despite these conditions about water molecules, is doing of
some analysis with ptraj (water mediated hydrogen bond) correct.

--
Leila Karami
Ph.D. student of Physical Chemistry