Re: [AMBER] REMD number of replica

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 11:33:37 -0500

I strongly recommend reading literature on REMD and following procedures in
similar work.
The number of replicas scales with system size- it isn't the sq root
directly. There are many ways to calculate number of replicas, most
depending on the potential energy of the system and how is scales with
temperature.
It's not clear to me how a protein-DNA complex is only 2688 atoms. If you
can be more specific about exactly what you are doing we may be able to help
more.