Re: [AMBER] What is the Value of C° (standard concentration) in calculating Free Energy

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 08:57:20 +0100

Dear Sunita

This is a slightly tricky question, but in general it has a defined
answer. C° is usually defined as 1 M (in the case of biochemistry, the
std concentration of protons is 10^-7).

Look at some of Mike Gilson papers on this subject, and a recent very
nice paper in jctc

A Note on the Standard State’s Binding Free Energy
Ignacio J. General
J. Chem. Theory Comput., 2010, 6 (8), pp 2520–2524

--
                            Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
                              Associate Professor