Re: [AMBER] torsion parameters in parm99.dat

From: xqkong <xqkong.mail.shcnc.ac.cn>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 09:57:27 +0800

Dear Jason,
    Thanks for your patient reply! I learned a lot from your meticulous
parse. However, i still have two questions about the torsion term.
    I notice that there is a parameter in torsion torsion called phase angle,
in the manual of AMBER8 about "Parameter Development" , I guess the
phase angle determine where the torsion potential get its minimal point,is it right?
    Besides, in my recent work, i need to simulate AdoMet (S-Adenosyl methionine;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-Adenosyl_methionine) that contains a positive charged sulfur atom.I find there is a paper supply the parameters of the special sulfur atom used in amber force filed implemented in the soft ware of Macromodel,But maybe there is some difference of the format
for torsion angle used in Macromodel and AMBER software.I found the
author only list the following parameters for the special torsion angle:
                               V1/2 V2/2 V3/2
SP-CT-CT-CT -1.6814 1.0698 -0.0001

I speculate that the PN (periodicity) should be 3, and the PK should be
 -1.6814; 1.0698; -0.0001.But i can not speculate the phase angle of the three terms,meanwhile, i noticed that the PK parameters have two
negative values but there are no negative values about the PK in
parm99.dat .Therefore,I presume we can translate the listed parameters to the proper format can be used in AMBER software,Could you be so
kindly to tell me how to do that ? I have been confused for a whole week.

     Thanks in advance!
     Best regards!
     Xiangqian Kong

Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com> 在 Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:55:56 写道: