Re: [AMBER] use of packmol in amber

From: M. L. Dodson <activesitedynamics.comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:06:18 -0600

Following up on my own posting. From prodding by Bill Ross, I was
wrong about the no output symptom. I think I was confusing two
different results from my packmol investigations (serves me right
posting from memory). Without searching really hard, I THINK I remember
the no output symptom is from specifying the wrong type of input file.

Try the following mdin file:

--------------
Minimization with NO Cartesian restraints
 &cntrl
 imin=1, maxcyc=100,
 ntpr=5,
 ntr=0,
 /

You should get some output, but then the minimization will probably
fail with a segmentation fault. If it does, just do the sequence
of short minimizations I posted (below). If the minimization goes
for maxcyc=100 steps, you should be able to proceed along as normal.

Good luck!

Bud Dodson

Phone: eight_three_two-five_63-386_one