[AMBER] How to study protein-protein complex are stabilized/destabilized upon complexation?

From: Catein Catherine <askamber23.hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 01:26:25 +0800

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to study a protein-protein complex using amber. I want to examine if the binding between protein-protein could stabilize or destabilze the whole complex.

I have calculate the MM-GBSA binding energy, I have also calculate the b-factor rmsf of the protein individually and in their complex form.

I got the binding energy is ~ negative 100 kcal/mol. I also found the rmsf, I found the individual rmsf was reduced from 600 to 300.

Can I define the protein-protein complex stabilized? Should I use any other additional approaches to proof that protein-protein complexes are indeed stabilized upon complexation?

Best regards,

Cat