Re: [AMBER] pmemd.cuda on Snow Leopard 10.6.5

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 10:43:20 -0500

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 7:33 AM, M. Shahid <mohammad.shahid.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> Thanks for the info that pmemd.cuda and snow leopard are incompatible.
> And it seems my impression too now after retrying with:
>
> booting snow leopard in 32 bit mode,
> passing -m32 flags to the nvcc compiler,
> changing gnu compilers by gcc_select etc.
>
> and knowing that version 4.2.1 (of gcc/g++/gfortran, Apple Inc. build 5664)
> of the compilers are working with

Are you sure that your gfortran is of version 4.2.1, the same as gcc/g++?

> amber11 and GPU computing SDK (driver/toolkit versions 3.2.17) in 64 bit
> mode of snow leopard.
>
> However two things I noticed that the configure script is looking
> for /usr/local/cuda/lib64

This directory is unnecessary. You can just remove it (I wouldn't make a
link, since you don't want other applications thinking 64-bit libraries are
actually there)

while it was there with /usr/local/cuda/lib. so I made a link.
> another, you mentioned libgfortran.dylib but i don't see it in
> my /usr/local/cuda/lib folder.

It's not there. It's in the gcc library folder, and is the library that
allows you to link C-objects and Fortran-objects. I was just using it as an
example for architecture incompatibilities.

All the best,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida