Re: [AMBER] installing Amber 11 & tools 1.4 on Fedora 14

From: Vlad Cojocaru <vlad.cojocaru.mpi-muenster.mpg.de>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 09:38:02 +0100

Dear Andre,

The installation guide from the AMBER manual should suffice on any linux
distro, I believe .. You need to compile from source and fortunately as
with AMBER 10 this process is relatively straight forward ... If you
follow the manual instructions you should get it installed and it should
run ...At compilation time, all the required libraries will also be
built (netcdf, fftw ...)

If running on cluster, unless you use the default GNU compiler and the
default MPI library, you should probably (at least according to my
experience) compile the MPI you'd like to use using exactly the same
compiler as you'll be using for AMBER...

Pay lot of attention to all tests and carefully inspect any possible
test failures ... This is the very important stage in which you can
understand if your compilation is viable ...

If you are a novice on computers, linux, compilations maybe best would
be if somebody assists you (e..g. your IT admin)

Best
Vlad

On 12/03/2010 04:51 AM, Andre Serobian wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a list of packages and settings required before installing and running and run Amber 11 and tools 1.4 on Fedora 14 that one can follow as a step by step guide?
>
> Some packages may be obsolete in the newer editions of Fedora, will older packages still be required for Amber and tools?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Andre

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Biomedicine
Roentgenstrasse 20
48149 Muenster, Germany
tel: +49-251-70365-324
fax: +49-251-70365-399
email: vlad.cojocaru[at]mpi-muenster.mpg.de