Re: [AMBER] The good choice of the linux system for Amber 11 calculations on Tesla C2050 GPUs ?

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 11:12:01 -0800

Hi Marek,

> I am just curious what linux (non commercial) system could be
> recommended
> as the most suitable (well tested ...) for Amber 11 GPU calculations, more
> precisely
> calc. on Tesla C2050 or if this question is not easy to answer, at least
> which
> linux system is let say not too much recommended.

See this page for supported OS's

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cuda_3_2_downloads.html

I suggest Redhat EL5 (I use RHEL 4 and 5 all the time). This should also
work with CentOS 4 and 5 which is just unbadged Redhat and free. SuSe works
as well. Basically stick with the versions listed on the above page
otherwise you are on your own.

All the best
Ross

/\