Re: [AMBER] D2O

From: Adrian Roitberg <roitberg.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 15:00:19 +0100

what did you exactly do, and how do you know it did not work ?

TIP3P waters are strange objects inside amber, since the atoms have
particular names, bonds, etc.

Also, what do you expect to see in the simulation ? No thermodynamic
property can change when the masses change, so the only possible change
would be in time scales, which are very unreliable anyway.

Adrian

On 11/17/10 2:56 PM, Philippe Pinard wrote:
> Hi amber users
>

> I would like to ask about the possibility to solvate my molecule with D2O
> TIP3PBOX water, does this just require changing the H mass in a new frcmod file,
> it did not work for me!
> any help much appreciated
> PP

                            Dr. Adrian E. Roitberg
                              Associate Professor
                Quantum Theory Project, Department of Chemistry
                            University of Florida
   Senior Editor. Journal of Physical Chemistry.
on Sabbatical in Barcelona until August 2011.
Email roitberg.ufl.edu