Re: [AMBER] OpenMPI or MPICH2 for paralel installation?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2010 09:01:05 -0400

Both should work, I usually prefer to use MPICH2, even though you have to
start an MPD on each host. mpdboot does a pretty good job in my experience
of doing what it needs to do. I think both should work with ./configure &&
make && make install, though you'll want to specify your compilers if you
have more than just the gnu compilers available and you want to use a
particular suite for building amber. i.e. if you want to use intel
compilers, you should configure setting CC=icc, CXX=icpc, F77=ifort,
F90/FC=ifort, so that it uses the proper compilers.

Good luck!
Jason

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 12:31 AM, Vitaly Chaban <vvchaban.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I believe, both ones are equivalent in your case.
>
> Vitaly
>

> On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 10:31 PM, Shaandar Nyamtulga
> <nyam100.hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> > I am planning to build cluster for Amber10 parallel installation. I have
> 4 computers connected with Ethernet switch, with Ubuntu 8.10 installation. I
> am wondering which one of OpenMPI and MPICH2 would be easier to install or
> more coherent to Amber10? I would appreciate if someone direct me to helpful
> online guides.
> > Thank you

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida