Re: [AMBER] Triclinic box condition for PBC

From: <dcerutti.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:14:56 -0400 (EDT)

This might be a good use of the "AddToBox" utility; you can download it from

http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial13/XtalTutor1.html

(it's the first link, hiding in the second paragraph). That archive
contains a lot of different things, but if you follow

http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial13/Solvation.html

you should be able to run AddToBox to insert whatever number of waters you
want. They won't be in any equilibrated conformations, but I'd argue that
no equilibration matters if you're tiling the pre-equilibrated box around
some arbitrary solute and then clipping away waters that clash.

AddToBox can handle any unit cell shape; it takes PDB files of your solute
and a model of your solvent particle as input and returns a PDB file of
the whole system.

Dave