Re: [AMBER] Umbrella sampling with temperature and pressure coupling method problem

From: Daniel Sindhikara <sindhikara.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 09:08:01 +0900

Anytime you are calculating a free energy, you should look to do canonical
sampling
(as well as making sure your results are converged). For very large systems,

(since NVT -> NVE) you may be able to get away with Berendsen.

I should also note that Hummer et al showed that if you do any sort of
replica exchange
with a non-canonical thermostat, your results will get corrupted.

Hope that helps!
--Dan