Re: [AMBER] RNA simulation problems: bad input, force field issue or incorrect reference structure?

From: Jiri Sponer <sponer.ncbr.chemi.muni.cz>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 09:11:52 +0200 (MEST)

Dear Sasha,

I am out of lab now, so only shortly.
We never had any ion-associated problems with net-neutralized RNA simulations,
provided starting structures were OK. You can add some NaCl
using the new Tom Cheatham's parameters, for example,
but ions are unlikely cause of your problems.
We were able to simulate stably kink-turn even with no ions,
i.e., with the net-neutral plasma, just the elbow-like fluctuations
were faster.
There obviously are ff problems, any time we identify them
we report them in the papers.
Do you simulate the whole structure or just part of it?

Jiri