Re: [AMBER] Question about limitations of the nudged elastic band method

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 21:47:38 -0400

Even with more atoms its entirely reasonable that GB is slower per step.
Check to know for sure.

On Oct 7, 2010 9:40 PM, "patrick wintrode" <pat_wde2.yahoo.com> wrote:

I'm using anber11. I was assuming I should use implicit solvent because to
get a reasonably sized box of explicit solvent, the system will be~45,000
atoms (although forces presumably wouldn't need to be applied to the
solvent). That estimate is based on several standard MD silulations we have
done, plus looking at the space that the most mobile part of the system will
have to travers.

Patrick