Re: [AMBER] Query regarding RMSD calculcation

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 18:44:55 -0400

Hi,

I've done a test with VMD 1.8.7 and PTRAJ from AT 1.4.

run0.pdb from run0.rst7 (last frame of run0.nc).

PTRAJ:
trajin run0.nc
reference run0.pdb
rms reference out rmsd.dat .N,CA,C time 1.0

VMD:
Trajectories:
  0 run0.pdb
  1 run0.nc
RMSD Trajectory Tool:
Ref: Selected (highlighted run0.pdb in trajectory list)
Trajectory Frame ref: 0
Selection: all (also checked backbone)

The deviation between the RMSD values generated by VMD and those
generated by PTRAJ is < 0.001. Are you absolutely certain you have the
correct reference selected in VMD?

-Dan