Re: [AMBER] Hydrogen Minimization and gradually relieving restraint on the DNA.

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 08:01:33 -0400

To just minimize hydrogens while restraining the heavy atoms you can
set ntr=1 (make sure you specify reference coords on the command line
with -ref) and set restraintmask = ':X-Y & !.H=' where X and Y are the
starting and ending residue numbers of what you want restrained. To
gradually relax the restraints the easiest way is to start with a
reasonably high restraint_wt (I usually use around 5.0 kcal/mol A^2 or
so), then restart the run with smaller and smaller restraint_wt
values. See the "Frozen or restrained atoms" section of the Amber
manual (section 2.6.4) for more information.

-Dan