Re: [AMBER] Citations

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 19:41:33 -0400

Hello,

The amber and ambertools manuals are excellent sources of citations. For
instance, on page 2 of the amber10 PDF, it says:

When citing Amber Version 10 in the literature, the following citation
should be used:
D.A. Case, T.A. Darden, T.E. Cheatham, III, C.L. Simmerling, J. Wang, R.E.
Duke, R. Luo, M. Crowley, R.C. Walker, W. Zhang, K.M. Merz, B. Wang, S.
Hayik, A. Roitberg, G. Seabra, I. Kolossváry, K.F. Wong, F. Paesani, J.
Vanicek, X. Wu, S.R. Brozell, T. Steinbrecher, H. Gohlke, L. Yang, C. Tan,
J. Mongan, V. Hornak, G. Cui, D.H. Mathews, M.G. Seetin, C. Sagui, V. Babin,
and P.A. Kollman (2008), AMBER 10, University of California, San Francisco.

The ff99SB citation is

Hornak, V. et al. Comparison of multiple Amber force fields and development
of improved protein backbone parameters. Proteins 65, 712-725 (2006).

Which I'm also pretty sure is in one of the 2 manuals... In any case, those
are good sources.

Good luck!
Jason

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 7:16 PM, William Flak <williamflak.yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear AMBER
> It may be a naive question, but I see most of the authors don't write a
> citation for amber force field. And I couldn't find some specific citations
> (ff99SB).
> If you don't mind, could you help me and tell me where I can download the
> complete citations of:
> AMBER force field 99SB
> Gaff force field
> and