Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py - very high energy terms

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 09:47:36 -0400

Hello,

Your VDW terms are too high, implying some type of steric clash. Study the
output files (_MMPBSA_complex_gb.mdout, or something of the like) and
visualize the generated trajectories with your prmtops to see if you can
locate where this clash is taking place. This may give you some hint as to
how to fix it.

Good luck!
Jason

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Senthil Natesan <sen.natesan.yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> As I already mentioned, I used "unsolvated complex prmtop" from different
> step
> and there was warnings indicating the inconsistencies.
> Now I prepared the above file from the same step as I prepared protein and
> ligand prmtop,
> and ran MMPBSA.py. This time, there was no warnings and calculations went
> fine,
> but the energy terms seem very very high.
>
> I once again, ran the calculations, with old unsolvated complex prmtop and
> calculations seem
> fine except those warnings.
>
> I am not sure whats going wrong. Any help would be appreciated.
> Herewith I am attaching the final result from high energy run.
> Thanks,
>
> Senthil

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida