Re: [AMBER] missing parameters (dihe) in parm10.dat?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 08:52:06 -0400

Hello,

All that parmchk does is search through the specified parameter file and
matches the parameters it finds, including wildcards. Furthermore, the
dihedral parameter in question is an improper, so it's not formed as a
sequence between 2 atoms separated by 3 consecutive bonds. The dihedral I
think it's finding is

X -X -CW-H4 1.1 180. 2.

located in parm10.dat. This is an improper formed from these 2 atoms and 2
other atoms (X is a wildcard). I'm not exactly sure why it's printing it in
the frcmod with CW-H4 in the middle, but it's the same dihedral, I'm pretty
sure. This dihedral is also in parm99.dat, so you should get the same
result dihedral using parm99.dat instead.

Hope this helps,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida