[AMBER] FW: Atom type assignment for formyl group

From: Carter M.K. <mkc1g09.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:59:48 +0100

Hi,

I have been trying to parametrize 3_formylpyridine using antechamber. However when I do the hydrogen attached to the carbon of the formyl group is assigned the h4 atom type. This atom type is for aromatic hydrogens containing 4 electron withdrawing groups. I thought that maybe an extended delocalised system was causing this atom type error, but I tried with formaldehyde and got the same atom type for both of the hydrogens. Can you suggest why this is occurring?

The PDB I have used for my input into antechamber is shown below:

HEADER FPy
ATOM 1 C2 FPy 1 1.340 -0.064 1.675
ATOM 2 H9 FPy 1 2.027 0.675 1.264
ATOM 3 C1 FPy 1 0.203 -0.445 0.969