Re: [AMBER] Disulphide bond breakage during minimization

From: Hannes Loeffler <Hannes.Loeffler.stfc.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:05:44 +0100

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:21:45 +0530
hirdesh kumar <hirdeshs8.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have done the distance measurement analysis. The distance is always
> greater than 3 angstrom (suggesting that there is no disulfide
> bond:2.05 angstrom).
> Is there any way via which i can make the distance between two atoms
> rigid for the starting minimization and equilibration.

Have you confirmed that the S-S bond is indeed defined in your topology
file? With vmd you can try 'vmd -f -parm7 foo.top -crd foo.crd'.
This will force vmd to show defined bonds rather than from a heuristic
analysis. If it is defined then you better look into the actual cause
for the large deviation.