Re: [AMBER] pmemd.MPI problem

From: Ben Roberts <roberts.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:23:43 -0400

Hi George,

Regarding the tests, it seems that pmemd.MPI worked ok then, as you say. What did you use as your DO_PARALLEL variable when testing your parallel pmemd installation?

Some other things to try. It may be worth checking which MPI compilers you used to build pmemd (i.e., where your mpicc and mpif90 point to). Also that your DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable has /opt/mpich2/lib somewhere before /usr/lib (else you'll likely pick up the wrong MPI libraries, even if you get the correct executables). Finally, your MPICH2 installation should be compiled using the same compilers you built pmemd with, and I'm not sure that happens with a vanilla MacPorts installation; you may need to download the MPICH2 source code and compile it manually.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Ben