Re: [AMBER] ambertools1.4 install problem

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:09:45 -0400

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010, Anuradha Mittal wrote:

> mpicc -c -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -DBINTRAJ -DMPI -o
> wallclock.o wallclock.c
> wallclock.c(25): error: incomplete type is not allowed
> struct timezone tz;
> ^

This is a pretty weird error, that I have never seen before. I'm assuming(?)
that this compiled file when you did your serial installation.

What does "mpicc -show" report? What compiler and OS are you using? Is there
evidence that mpicc is referencing a compiler that is different than the one
you used for serial builds?

Do you have a /usr/include/sys/time.h file? Does it define a "timezone"
struct? This is not strictly a part of the "C" standard (as I understand it),
but we haven't had reports of problems with this before. If you don't have
/usr/include/sys/time.h, does your system have a /usr/include/time.h header?

....dac