Re: [AMBER] Sander/pmemd usage: refc question

From: <mdkvia.yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:05:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the reply. I apologize for the confusion with -c. I meant -ref.

So my question #2 is: Say I run a single job with -ref option and the reference coordinates are in file ref.rst. Now I divide this single job to 3 as I mentioned in the previous email. So, now for the -ref of the 3 jobs I should provide the same ref.rst if I want to have the same results as the single long job. Is this line of thinking correct?

Yes, I understand that there will be rounding off errors etc. But apart from those, the results must be comparable b/w the single long job and the 3 shorter jobs. If not I was just wondering how to run a long simulation without having to deal with unmanageably huge trajectory files.

Thank you,

Maal