Re: [AMBER] pmemd.MPI problem

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:45:52 -0400

Hi George,

If pmemd.MPI wasn't there, it's surprising you got the output I mentioned
last email instead of "pmemd.MPI: command not found" 4 times. That's what
you would normally get if pmemd.MPI really didn't exist.

To just build pmemd, you can go to $AMBERHOME/src/pmemd and just run "make
parallel". That should do it, but you may run into problems if you've done
a make clean, since that will have gutted netCDF and you'll have trouble
linking to that (I think). After it's built, though, you'll have to move
pmemd.MPI into the $AMBERHOME/bin directory.

Keep an eye out for incompatible MPIs, though, since that will cause the
error you mentioned. Again, if you're using amber11, the only way you would
NOT have pmemd.MPI is if there was an error while it was compiled that you
overlooked or if it was deleted from the bin directory, since it's built by
default.

Hope this helps,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,