Re: [AMBER] compilation fails ALL make.parallel tests

From: Daniel Sindhikara <sindhikara.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 14:58:02 +0900

Professor Case,
> ifort: command line warning #10006: ignoring unknown option
'-ffree-form'

> You aren't using the gnu compilers here, you are using intel (ifort). You
> would need to configure and compile your mpi with gcc/gfortran.
>
> Yes, you were right here. I installed a new version of openmpi (outside of
the one in the ambertools/src directory)
put it in the front of my path, and had to do some debugging getting library
links in the right directories,
but finally it worked.
Thanks so much.
May I ask, is there a good reference for debugging compilations or at least
a checklist? I realize this may be an impossible question. Regardless I am
quite inept at it and often find myself in dependency hell. Although I'm
extremely pleased with the fact that it works now, I still don't know the
reason for my original error.
Anyway thanks again!

--Dan