[AMBER] question on diffusion comand in ptraj

From: Andrew Voronkov <drugdesign.yandex.ru>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 00:54:10 +0400

What can be characterized by the diffusion command? Mean square displacement is calculated in absolute coordinates? So it corresponds to calculation of protein diffusion in the solution relatively to its initial position? For which type of tasks it can be useful for? I thought that for example diffustion of one protein against another or one mask against another let s say of ligand against the protein, bt not sure what is the meaning of protein diffusion in the absolute coordinates?
I was measuring the diffusion of the protein with 240 residues?
diffusion :1-240 10 average filenameroot_r.xmgr

  10.000 1.340
  20.000 1.896
  30.000 1.997
  40.000 2.408