Re: [AMBER] Complex distorts during pressure adjustment in equilibr ation. .

From: <Don.Bashford.stjude.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 18:44:31 -0500

Try a restart.

If you do a restart on a const-P simulation with restraints, the
reference structure gets set back to the UNSCALED coordinates. Thus
the restart doesn't exactly pick up where the last simulation left
off. Instead, the (possibly scaled) simulated structure suddenly
finds itself being pulled toward the unscaled reference structure.

For some purposes, this is a bug but for yours and many others, I
think it's a feature. Your restarted simulation will suffer some
weird T-flucturation, but then it will get pulled back towards
structural sanity, assuming the second simulation doesn't do too much
drastic rescaling, in which case, restart again.

Of course, the other thing that SHOULD have kept your structure fairly
sane in spite of refcoord rescaling are things like bond stretch and
angle forces. But your restraint forces are so strong that they
might overpower those. I'd suggest that if const-P is likely to
result in big rescaling, be more gentle with the restraints during
pressure equillibration.

-Don

Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer