Re: [AMBER] Complex distorts during pressure adjustment in equilibration

From: Thomas Cheatham III <tec3.utah.edu>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 18:21:17 -0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)

> I am currently equilibrating a system for MD like many times before. The problem
> is that during the NTP pressure adjustment step my complex gets distorted. This
> is due to the distance rescaling. It has not been a big deal for globular
> proteins with the ligand rather close to the center of the solvent box since the
> rearrangement of the complex was minimal.

The easiest way is to hack the prmtop to trick the system to think that
all the atoms in your complex are in a single molecule and to apply
molecule based pressure scaling. The less easy way is to modify the code
to avoid scaling of the restraint coordinates at each step. A third
option is to not apply positional restraints (instead use distance
restraints, however you'd have to create up a list of these or obtain from
NMR data).

To hack the prmtop, see: http://ambermd.org/Questions/mail/303.html

-tec3