[AMBER] mixing GAFF with CHARMM

From: Alan <alanwilter.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 18:35:32 +0100

Hi there,

As the developer of ACPYPE (a tool for adapting antechamber topologies
generated to other MD engines) I usually see people asking me about mixing
GAFF with CHARMM.

I myself do some sort of mixing buy using GAFF with CNS (Engh & Huber
parameters) but I believe I know what I am doing. However, I never used
Charmm so...

Well, what I am looking is for advices and maybe references concerning this
topic. How tabu is this and what would be the implications and potential
problems. For example, AFAIK oplsaa and amber/gaff have a lot in common (ok
parameters -- bonded and nonbonded -- may differ, but sometimes just
slightly, however topology -- in the sense how atoms are connected -- is
very similar if not the same!).

Many thanks in advance,

Alan

--
Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.