Re: [AMBER] amber7 vs xleap on 64bit machine

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 07:51:59 -0400

Hello,

Leap has undergone many fixes since 64-bit computing has become
commonplace. You should download the new AmberTools 1.4 from
ambermd.organd compile it. All you have to do is build AmberTools 1.4
in its own
directory (it automatically unpacks into amber11), and set that directory to
AMBERHOME. Then, just make sure that both amber7/exe and amber11/bin are in
your PATH and you can use both sets of executables.

Good luck!
Jason

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 5:48 AM, Rossella Noschese <
noschese.rossella.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some problems with running xleap graphical window. We have Amber7 on
> a 64 bit machine (Fedora core). When I try to type the "edit" command to
> start the Unit Editor (both with pdb file loaded and with new object) it
> shows this error message :
> "segmentation falut (core dumped)"
>
> and the Universe Editor crashes.
> I read I should try downloadin AmberTool from the amber site, but how can I
> connect AmberTool with Amber7?
> Please help me!!
> Thanks in advance!!

Quantum Theory Project,