Re: [AMBER] Heating up the sytem

From: Sangita Kachhap <sangita.imtech.res.in>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 16:06:45 +0530 (IST)

You should use nmropt option for gradual heating but it is use for ntt =1 which do
not ensure temperature is even all over parts of the molecule. This can lead to
the phenomenon of hot solvent, cold solute.To avoid it you can use ntt=3 where
no need to heat system gradualy.

You can reffer to following tutorial:

http://www.rosswalker.co.uk/tutorials/amber_workshop/Tutorial_one/section3.htm

> Hi All,
> I want to heat my system slowly to prevent artifacts generation. I run the
> below mentioned script for initial heating equilibration. But still the
> system got heated up very quickly and within 3ps interval the temprature
> reaches to 276 K. i need help regarding heating the system slowly.
>
> &cntrl
> imin = 0,
> irest = 0,
> ntx = 1,