[AMBER] MD and LES

From: Computational Chemist <computationalchemist.ymail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 23:13:45 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Amber users,

I have been studying the probability of presence of oxygen binding pocket in a
dioxygenase enzyme . The pocket has not been verified by the crystal structure.
I used MD simulation and LES in this study. The oxygen copy/copies remained
within 1A from the binding pocket for 50-100 ps, then started leaking out . How
long should the oxygen remain in the  proposed binding pocket to verify its
presence?. All the literature I have read so far were studying the gas diffusion
pathways not the gas biding pocket.

Other Two questions related to MD analysis:

1- I need to plot the probabilty of oxygen molecules within 1A of the pocket
against time.  How should I calculate the probability?

2- How should I locate the center of mass of the oxygen copies?

Thank you,
Darine