Re: [AMBER] phenylalanine amide

From: Paul S. Nerenberg <psn.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:34:05 -0700

Hi Francesco,

The DOT2 charges/radii don't look anything like AMBER charges (either
ff94-type or ff03-type) or radii to me. You can check this for
yourself if you have access to an AMBER distribution at the moment --
see $AMBERHOME/dat/leap/lib/all_amino94.lib (or all_amino03.lib) for
residue charges or $AMBERHOME/dat/leap/parm/parm99.dat for radii. As
a result, I would be very hesitant about incorporating AMBER
parameters into this program.

Maybe you would be better off taking a look at the charges/radii for
the Asn or Gln sidechains in DOT2, as these residues contain a
"terminal" -CONH2 group? At a minimum, the atomic radii would be
consistent that way.

Best,

Paul