[AMBER] regarding trap simulation

From: Jorgen Simonsen <jorgen589.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 15:27:26 +0200

Hi all,

I have started three MD simulations with different initial conditions in
order to explore as much as possible - the problem is that one of the
simulations stays in the same conformation during the whole 20 ns simulation
- so one could be happy and think that it converged to the most stable
structure but when I compare with the other two simulations it more seems
that it has been "trapped" in some stable minimum - so how to treat this?
Sample more but how much more - I would presume that I would need some more
sampling but one could also be "unlucky" and stay in a local minimum for
long time.