Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py: minimization issue with nmode

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 08:55:43 -0400

Hello,

The "bad periodicity" actually corresponds to an evaluation of a dihedral
term, in which the periodicity is only allowed to be integral values 1, 2,
3, 4, or 6. If it's not one of these values, the error message gets
thrown. I'll have to look into why this is actually getting thrown
(possibly a round-off error... I'm not sure, a nab developer would be able
to tell more easily I'm guessing).

Another thing that may be going wrong with your calculation is that you're
running out of available memory. NMODE calculations can be very memory
intensive, and if you're running 3 threads on the same machine without
around 8 GB of memory, it's quite possible that mmpbsa_py_nabnmode is simply
running out of RAM for the calculations. My suggestion is to start a single
nmode calculation with the nab program (you can use MMPBSA.py serial version
for this) and take a look at the memory usage. Can your computer handle 3x
that amount of memory usage?

Good luck!
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,