Re: [AMBER] simulation of a restrained protein fragment +pmemd.cuda issues

From: Paul Mortenson <P.Mortenson.astex-therapeutics.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:33:09 +0100

Hi Ross / Sasha,

I have also seen this problem while taking part in the nvidia GPU Test
Drive program that Ross mentioned a couple of weeks back. I have just 1
group of restrained atoms, although it is quite large (2634 atoms - all
heavy atoms in the protein). I see very similar behaviour - the cuda
executable seg faults after a few seconds, but standard pmemd completes
the job just fine. I have all the relevant files, but they're a little
big to post to the list - Ross, please let me know if you would like me
to send those to you separately (about 3MB zipped).

Thanks to nvidia and their partners (Viglen in my case) for setting up
the GPU Test Drive program. I found the system very straightforward to
use, Viglen were helpful and responded very quickly to my emailed
queries, and now I have the numbers I need to decide if a GPU system is
going to work for us. Thanks also to any of the AMBER guys on this list
who helped with this endeavour.

Cheers,
Paul