Re: [AMBER] solvateBox - what is the suitable value for distance?

From: Brent Krueger <kruegerb.hope.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 13:07:10 -0400

I would humbly add observations from my group.

We do perform at least minimally systematic studies on most of the systems
that we simulate and we find that 18 Angstroms is usually where things begin
to behave well. By 'things', I mean the density, counter-ion diffusion
rates, and so forth. By 'behave well', I mean that their converged values
become reasonably independent of the buffer value.

We have not done anything with membrane systems in my group, so you probably
should do at least a few tests of your own.

Cheers,
Brent